SUSHI Feature - Site Backups
The backup feature in Sushi allows you to create manual or scheduled automatic backups of SharePoint. The SUSHI backup feature is simply a wrapper around the STSADM.exe -o export -url <sharepoint url> command. SUSHI gives you a way to easily build the
commandline command without having to open up the console window. SUSHI also allows you to schedule regular backups that will run automatically.
To perform a backup:
1) Build the sites to backup list by adding urls from the master sharepoint url list
2) Choose a backup path where the backup files will be stored
3) Choose whether to backup only the top level site, or to backup all child sites underneath each of the selected sites
4) Validate backup (this will not run the backup, but it will show you the details of what will be backed up, run this to double check that you got everything right.
5) Press "start backup".
About Scheduled backups:
SUSHI uses the command line SCHTASKS command to create a windows scheduled task. But pressing the validate button under schedule backup, you can see the exact command that sushi will run, and if you prefer you can even cut and paste this and run the command
yourself from the command line. The scheduled task will run SUSHI with a command line option which will kick off the backup.
To schedule a backup:
1) choose daily or weekly
2) press the validate button if you want to see the command that SUSHI will use to schedule the backup
3) press create scheduled backup to create the scheduled task