This project is read-only.

Map Profile Image to User Profiles using different Active Directory attribute, instead of accountName

Feb 25, 2008 at 9:30 AM
Hi,

We are so glad to have found a tool like SUSHI. It is indeed a great tool to use :)

Would like to check with you on the following - Is it possible to match the profile image with another AD attribute instead? Reason being the existing profile images in our directory are named according to the employee ID i.e. 107424.jpg. This employee ID information is stored in the 'extensionAttribute2' in the Active Directory.

Hope to hear from you soon. Many thanks!

Cheers,
Joey
Mar 4, 2008 at 12:53 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Which other parts of SUSHI do you find useful?

Currently sushi is set up to only map to the user login. If you can have a script to rename your images then SUSHI will work. We will look at adding this functionality so you don't have to write an intermediate script.

Thanks again for the feedback, keep it coming.
Apr 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM
We are in the process of implementing a facebook with Active Directory as our source. It possible to get the pictures in AD using the methods described at http://www.arricc.net/active-directory-photos-sharepoint.php in the jpegPhoto AD user attribute
unfortunately , the import of those picture datablobs does not work by the regular MOSS profile import.
I hoped SUSHI had a way to read those jpegPhoto blogs and push them into MOSS
Apr 18, 2008 at 8:21 PM
SUSHI only updates the picture hyperlink in the MOSS user profile. And it also uploads an image from disk into a document library that you specify.
Nov 14, 2008 at 12:51 AM
What a great feature. Love it. Saved me weeks of work.

I'd like to add to the feature requests mentioned here if I may. Like many organisations, our user naming convention is domain\first.last which means a required image name of first.last.jpg for this tool to work. That period could potentially present issues down the track.

Would be great if we could specify a regex for names like $1.$2

Thanks so much!
Nov 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Awesome. I’m glad you like it. That is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Joseph

Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:53 PM
To: Joseph Fluckiger
Subject: Re: Map Profile Image to User Profiles using different Active Directory attribute, instead of account... [sushi:22782]

What a great feature. Love it. Saved me weeks of work.

I'd like to add to the feature requests mentioned here if I may. Like many organisations, our user naming convention is domain\first.last which means a required image name of first.last.jpg for this tool to work. That period could potentially present issues down the track.

Would be great if we could specify a regex for names like $1.$2

Thanks so much!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sushi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sushi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com