SUSHI Feature - Profile Images Import Feature
This feature allows you to bulk upload images for your user profiles and update the user profile to point to the image. This image will display on the user's MySite page and in the user profile.
SUSHI changes the User's profile image by taking the following two actions:
1) Validate that the source directory exists. The source directory can be a local file directory or a UNC file share path. For example: c:\profilepicutres
to_upload\ or \\spserver\pictureShare\
2) Verify that name of the each of the images correspond to the name of a valid sharepoint profile. For example an image "joseph.jpg" would correspond to the AD login "MYDOMAIN\joseph".
3) Upload images to a document library.
4) Change the Picture URL property in the User's profile to the URL of the image just uploaded.
- IMPORTANT TIP: The person running SUSHI must be granted permissions: "manage user profiles" which can be set in the
Shared Service Provider->Personalization services permissions.
- Tip: Make sure the picture library storing the user profile images is one that grants at least read-only permissions to all users, otherwise users will not be able to see the images when viewing a profile.
note: The picture URL for a user profile can also be changed directly in SharePoint, one profile at a time. This is done from different places depending on what version of SharePoint you have. 1) if you are running MOSS, from the Shared Service Provider->User
Profiles and Properties-> View User Profiles. 2) If you are running WSS 3.0, you can manage profiles from the hidden "User Information List":
describing the hidden user profile list.
Detailed notes: Code to populate the "pictures Library to store User Pictures" combobox.
if (list.BaseType.ToString() == "DocumentLibrary" && !Util.DocumentLibraryNamesToExclude.Contains(list.ToString()))