The SharePoint SUSHI Team would like your feedback

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2007 at 5:17 PM
How is SUSHI working for you? Please leave your feedback, We'd like to hear from you.

We think that SUSHI offers a much more rich, interactive experience when performing common SharePoint tasks. I speeds things up quite a bit for some common tasks, removes the uncertainty if SharePoint knows what you want to do by giving to rich text formatted feedback, is prettier that the black commandline screen, remembers your settings from your last session, and ultimately breaks the tyrany of the poor interface option of the STSADM commandline.

Cheers,

-Joseph
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2008 at 12:40 PM
If you highlight the report and press CTRL-C, this should copy the report.

Thanks for the feedback,

- Joseph
Dec 16, 2008 at 1:35 PM
Hi,

just wanted to say Sushi is am great program. We've mostly been using it to copy views to other libraries but so far it's been doing that perfectly.

One suggestion for the copying of views might be that it would be great if you could select multiple views and copy them at once, in stead of clicking around.

Cheers,
Hans
Dec 18, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Edited Dec 18, 2008 at 8:58 PM
I think Sushi is an awesome tool. There are three things that I am looking for (hopefully) in a future release:

1. Ability to type in a user name for the security reports.
  2. Ability to query site collection membership across a whole farm. (Useful when an employee leaves the company/switches positions)
  3. Ability to remove all user permissions across an entire farm.
Keep up the good work!
Jan 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Excellent job on filling in a missing piece of the SharePoint admin story.

One feature for the future might be the ability to 'migrate' workflows from one site/document library combination to another since the process is almost exactly the same as migrating views except there are 3 files to copy and change the GUID on instead of just one.  That would make the developer story work better.

Thanks for taking the time to make the community better.
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 2:09 PM

Do you have some code already written to accomplish this?

If you have some code that does this, then I can incorporate it into SUSHI. But I doubt that I will have time to write this from scratch any time soon.

-Joseph

Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:14 AM
To: Joseph Fluckiger
Subject: Re: The SharePoint SUSHI Team would like your feedback [sushi:18198]

Excellent job on filling in a missing piece of the SharePoint admin story.

One feature for the future might be the ability to 'migrate' workflows from one site/document library combination to another since the process is almost exactly the same as migrating views except there are 3 files to copy and change the GUID on instead of just one. That would make the developer story work better.

Thanks for taking the time to make the community better.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sushi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sushi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I've updated some code to help add some simple features to the program, but I'm unable to connect to the source control.   Can I just send you the solution?

I've added the following:

Backup Options - Top-Level and Subsites Radio Option.
Backup Options - IncludeUserSecurity checkbox.
Backup Options - Use Compression checkbox.
Restore Options - Will look for folders with .SUSHIbackup instead of just files (in case compression was not used). (not tested yet)
(these changes also include modifications to the GlobalVars as well to help save settings)

Thanks,
Mike Donahoo